Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Earnings...

Last night, RSAS, MAT, DHI reported...

RSAS surprised by a penny. After introduction into the portfolio last July at 11.87, we stand at 16.82 and look for some solid movement today.

MAT has so-so quarter. Including a one time tax benefit, MAT reports 8 cents a share profit. Prediction: we are going down, down, down into that Ring of Fire. I purchased these shares in July of 2004 for 17.78. Do I need to tell you that the 16.65 tries my patience.

DHI reports record revenues and profits. Hohum. Again. Bought these last November at 31.08. At 33.40, they still rate a buy. In my humble opinion, this is a premier company in the homebuilding industry. It sells for less than 7 times earnings, less than 2x book (remember this industry carries mega debt), and less 3/4 of sales. Line up, buy up, and forget about it. Twenty years from now, you will thank me.

JNJ and WM later today. See you then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home