Friday, April 28, 2006

Tale of two pigs...

Doral Financial (DRL), was purchased for the ol' portfolio on May 3, 2005 at $14.02. As you can see from the link, I am NOT really ecstatic over its performance. Doral needed to revalue some IO strips it held and restate earnings back when I made the purchase. I am still waiting for the restatements...

Still waiting for Doral to furnish some audited results since that time...

They did, however, manage to cut the dividend. God bless 'em.

They are, also, teetering on being delisted. Woo hoo!

I have little expectation of turning a profit here. However, stranger things have happened. I am just not going to chase it.

How the heck am I supposed to know what to do when there is no information, just indicators that the bank is in a cash crunch?

Aetna (AET), on the other hand, may be a different story. It got SLAMMED yesterday. Down in excess of 20%. For what?

They beat expectations on the top and income lines.

Costs are going up. Does that mean Aetna is chasing less valuable members?

Probably.

Does that mean the stock is worth 20 some odd percent less today?

In a word: NOFUGGINWAY!

My expectation is that Aetna will drift down a few more dollars which will make it an extremely attractive candidate for adding shares.

If I don't see you, have a great weekend. We can recap Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home