Monday, May 08, 2006

The Week in Review

For the week ending May 5, 2006, the ol' portfolio was up 1.24 percent versus DIA (up 1.49), QQQQ (up .74), and SPY (up .79). An ok week with some standouts like VSH, LRCX, VECO, PKX, EMN, and DIS.

Interesting Grahamian pick on PKX, I picked it up last year because of its low P/E, P/B, high Current Ratio, growing earnings, and dividend. It showed respectable growth before the last month when takeover rumors circulated on the company. Now we are up about 62.5%. I would like to get $90 or so. We will hold for awhile.

Lam Research (LRCX) is also on a tear. I purchased this one in July of 2004 at 22.43. Despite some bumps in the road early, it has been a nice choice (138%).

As for a current choice, I am looking at some stocks but can't make up my mind on three choices
1.) Undervalued Big Cap. I bought a few of these in the recent months. Although names like MSFT, INTC, IBM look good, I am a little hesitant on loading up here.
2.) Undervalued Small Cap. I can't find one I really, really like. I have been looking at NETM, SGTL, PLAY
3.) Increasing positions on current holdings. Where though, where?

I will get back to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home