Tuesday, May 16, 2006

One process, one stock

Ran a little experiment today. I went to the MSN stock screener and searched for stocks with:
1.) P/E less than 10
2.) P/B less than 1.2
3.) Debt to Equity less than 2
4.) Current Ratio of at least 1.5
5.) Some dividend

And I came up with the following list:
REMC,CQB,HDL,ABRI,ILX,IBA,LEV,NAFC,MHO,
OSG,BAK,SPF,PORK,ELRN,CRV,GMR,TNP,MDC

Since I already own 2 homebuilders and Home Depot, I eliminated them. They are: LEV, MHO, SPF, and MDC. Although I would buy MDC here.

I have exposure to oil shippers, so get rid of OSG, GMR, and TNP

I already own NAFC also.

For the rest:
REMC, CQB, ABRI, BAK, ELRN, and CRV are eliminated due to negative earnings in the last five years.

IBA and PORK are out because information is too hard to find.
HDL has no growth in the five year comparison.

That leaves, drumroll please, ILX. I will check it out get back to you.

I have no position in ILX and have no idea what they do...yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home